Wednesday, January 16, 2013

BBQ Roasted Wings

I heart a good roasted chicken wing.  I roast my wings the same way no matter what flavor combination I use. A high heat roast or low/high broil yields a good crispy skin and juicy meat.

What you need:
  • 18-20 wing pieces
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 3-4 Tbs of your favorite seasoned salt (I used my own homemade taco/chili seasoning recipe because I wanted a bit of a smoky flavor)
  • 1-2 Tbs brown sugar

What to do:
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  • Rinse and pat chicken dry (the rub will stick to the chicken better if it is not too wet). Set aside.
  • In a bowl mix the oil, seasoned salt and brown sugar together to form a paste. Check flavor and adjust as necessary.
  • Evenly coat chicken with the rub
  • Place on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. For the last 5 minutes broil on high.

4 comments:

Arr said...

These look absolutely delicious.

Ninah said...

Think ill try this this weekend. I've never roasted them that high...maybe that's why they took so long to get crispy, lol.

Tarsha! said...

@Ninah you could also put them on a rack over a cookie sheet for crispness.

Thanks Doc. I need to catch up on your blog stat!

Reggie said...

A good wing will make you forget most things....these look damned good Tarsha.

Print