Monday, January 21, 2013

Now Churning: Sicilian Vanilla Ice Cream w/ Homemade Cookie Pieces

Who says you can't have homemade ice cream in the middle of winter!?  I surprised the ice cream lovers with this easy recipe last Sunday after a super delicious meal that will post later.  You can find this recipe here. I love Saveur's site!  The only variation I made besides adding cookies and walnuts, was that I used my own homemade vanilla extract (which actually has vanilla beans in the extract) instead of a vanilla pod. Regular vanilla will work just fine.
This picture is not the best because I lost all natural daylight, which I LOVE but I didn't want to chance there not being any ice cream left the next day! LOL

1 comment:

Sara said...

This looks incredible! I love homemade ice cream, and your homemade vanilla extract sounds amazing...bet it really takes this over the top!

Print