Thursday, June 27, 2013

Jerk Pork Chops

These were really as good as they looked!


I was in the grocers over the weekend and these 
chops looked so amazing I had to get them! 
They were calling me!

This jerk marinade is one I use for chicken, shrimp and now pork! 
The marinade is really easy to put together 
and the chops takes no time to cook!When I grill them, 
I reserve some of the marinade (before putting the 
raw meat/seafood in it) and brush it over as it cooks.



Jerk Pork Chops


What you need:
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
  • Zest and juice of one lime 
  • 2-3 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
  • 2 Tbs. powdered ginger
  • 2 Tbs. dried thyme
  • 3/4 tsp. ground allspice
  • 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
  • 1-2 Tbs. brown sugar
  • 4 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
  • salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
  • In a blender or food processor, puree all of the ingredients except the pork chops, salt and pepper. Adjust flavor to your liking. The marinade will be a little thick
  • Pour all of the marinade over the chops
  • Marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours
  • Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
  • Remove chops from marinade and place on a shallow baking sheet. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper (I always line my baking sheets with aluminum foil for easy cleanup!)
  • Roast chops for about 7 minutes per side or until cooked through and lightly browned.
  • Allow the chops to rest for several minutes before cutting

 

2 comments:

Carla said...

OMG! This looks/sounds amazing! I have to try this recipe.

JazL said...

Very delicious. Next time I will grill mine. I was to lazy to break out the charcoal.
I didn't add any extra salt (soy sauce has enough), and I put a sprig of rosemary on each piece.
I will be making this marinate again for other meats. Thanks

Print