Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I Made Brown Sugar!


Normally when I'm cooking or baking I'll pull out all of my ingredients to make sure I have everything I need.  Since I bake so often and I am constantly replenishing my goods I take for granted that I always have what I need.


So imagine my utter surprise while in the middle of baking a cake and not only was my brown sugar jar empty but I didn't even have a bag of brown sugar in my overflow stash!

Luckily I had what I needed to make homemade brown sugar.  It is so easy to make when you are in a pinch and being lazy about going to the store

What you need:
  • Two cups of granulated sugar
  • 2-3 Tbs of molasses

What to do:
  • Place the sugar and molasses in a medium bowl
  • Thoroughly mix with a fork. You will definitely need to use a little elbow grease while mixing
  • Brown sugar can be used immediately
  • Store in an airtight container 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait! You had molasses but no brown sugar? :)

Print