Friday, January 10, 2014

The Friday Five plus 2: Time Off


Happy New Year!!

Yeah, yeah I know I am late but it’s still early in the New Year so it counts!

Plus I have not written an actual post since last year! LOL

After being on break for so long my blogging mojo has been off. I have a full list of drafts that need editing and pictures attached.

But...#lazy

Dr. LBeezy (my momma) was here for a week and I loved being able to spoil her and she loved spoiling B. 

 E loved that she was here to be on his side!  Mom always takes their side. She's like “it takes a special man to be with my daughters. I pray for my son-in-laws daily!”  See how shadeful she is! LOLOL

Here are a couple of the dishes I made for her while she was here.  I loved cooking for her so much:

Chili Rubbed Fresh Snapper with Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and Grilled Vegetables atop (I love that word! Lol) Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice. I had a similar dish at a local restaurant and I could not wait to make it at home.


Pan Seared Mahi Mahi in a Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce, Thyme Poached Lobster and Fresh Sautéed Spinach. This was another restaurant inspired dish. I will post a version of this one and the snapper at a later date

Oh and this spaghetti with meat sauce. 

LBeezy mentioned how she hadn’t had any good spaghetti in a long while.  When she went to do some last minute Christmas shopping I surprised her with lunch. I also made her, my now family famous, Horseradish Cheddar Biscuits with Garlic Parsley Butter (recipe coming soon).

Every time she visits, mom buys me flowers.  That’s her thing. She visits me or my sister: flowers!  How thoughtful right!? She has an awesome green thumb and a good plant eye. These lasted three weeks after she left!  These beauties also prompted me to make a resolution: More fresh flowers in 2014.


My mom also won't sit still, so she cleaned my kitchen after every meal, grocery shopped and bought me these shelves I have been coveting for a year!  They were my birthday present! I was for real near tears! 

via
I will share my progress on outfitting those shelves (I have two) over on Instagram (@SoGirlCitySwirl).  This is my inspiration decor though. I think this is so funky and eclectic. I haven't decided if I am going to spray paint them. My sister @TheNinahBee is trying to convince me that it is a good idea! We'll see!

via

B and I will visit LBeezy this summer.  Our plan is to road trip to Maryland and DC and one other place I can’t recall right now.  We can’t wait!

I hope you all had a great time off! I promise I will be back with recipes next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop in Dayton so I can partake in the experience of Tarsha!

Dede

Print