Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"Hike up your skirt a little more"




I love listening to music while I cook.  I usually listen to one of those cable music stations; I love old school music and music from when I was in high school. While making this really simple apple cake for my MIL and Mudear, I was completely rocking out to Dave Matthews Band!  Crash Into Me is such a sexy little song!

Even though it is still in the upper 90s in the city, fall baking is in full swing in my kitchen!  I am always looking for quick breads to make for my grandmother and MIL.  I used a chunky applesauce but regular will do just fine.  It has classic fall spices that will make your house smell divine!


Applesauce Loaf Cake
One Loaf

What you need:

  • 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup of softened butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 t of pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups of chunky applesauce

What to do:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  
  • Spray one loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
  • In a medium bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients
  • In a small bowl mix together the butter, egg and vanilla extract.
  • Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
  • Pour in the applesauce and mix well.
  • Pour mixture into your loaf pan. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I have all of these things in the cabinet, I'll have to try this!

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker, found you by way of Creole in DC. I looked up the song on youtube just to hear the line "hike your skirt up a little higher." It'll be playing in my head all day. : ) Angie

Print