Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Simple Prayer

Please teach me to be more thankful for all of my blessings. You love me so much and I take that for granted. I take you for granted. You have blessed me with so much more than I could ever have dreamed for myself yet I complain about what I don’t have or about what I think I should have. Yet you still bless me. You still love me. You STILL love me! I can’t put into words how much your patience and love means to me. It used to grate my nerves when people would say they are “blessed and highly favored” but that is exactly how I feel! That is exactly what I am!

There was a time not too long ago that I couldn’t say that. There was a time when I was alone and lonely; a time when death was more inviting than living. A time when I all I wanted was to be loved long before I realized I needed to love myself first. I have come a loooong way. I can look back over my life and clearly see how you have protected me. How my foolishness could have had my behind hemmed up somewhere but you were always there. Always.

I know there are tons of areas that I need to improve upon. The difference between then and now is that I am not overwhelmed, I believe I can improve and mostly, I love me some me! I have full faith and confidence that there is NOTHING I can’t do as long as I have you guiding me!

Amen

Photobucket

1 comment:

Shay Bruce said...

Love this and I love you!!!

Print