Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tarte au Citron

 

My most favorite dessert is a lemon tart.  My family has eaten more lemon tart variations than I am sure they care to admit.  I could absolutely eat one every week if I didn't want to maintain my hot mama-ness *sigh*


 
I used the tart crust recipe from yesterday and did not wait for the baked shells to cool before filling them with this lemony luscious-ness! I'm greedy!

 
Tarte au Citron
Heavily Adapted from: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2009/05/tart-au-citron-french-lemon-tart/
Enough curd for One 9-inch tart


What you need:
  • 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
  • Grated zest of one lemon
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 6 tablespoons butter, salted or unsalted, cut into bits
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • One pre-baked 9-inch tart shell


What to do:
  • In a medium-sized *non-reactive saucepan, heat the lemon juice, zest, sugar, and butter. Have a mesh strainer nearby
  • In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and the yolks
  • When the butter is melted, whisk some of the warm lemon mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly, to warm them.
  • Scrape the warmed eggs back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and almost begins to bubble around the edges
  • Pour the lemon curd though a strainer directly into the pre-baked tart shell, scraping with a rubber spatula to press it through
  • Smooth the top of the tart and let cool completely before slicing and serving.



*A nonreactive saucepan is one that is made from stainless steel, glass, or ceramic materials 





4 comments:

Ninah said...

When will these be available for shipment???

Monica said...

You know I love these too! : ) Looks delicious and I'm with you - lemon tarts are so good!

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

I am sooo tempted to try these tarts, they look yummy!

Unknown said...

Im gonna try these soon

Print