Friday, July 19, 2013

The Fashioneata Files: Twisted Bantu Knot Curls

 
 
I saw a video with a natural that did this and I KNEW I had to try it on B's hair.  We LOVED the results!  This was done during pageant weekend so her hair was already flat-ironed. 



The night before festivities, I two-strand twisted then Bantu knotted her hair.  I didn't hold the knots together with pins or anything I just made sure to wrap it pretty tightly.  
 
 
The next morning when I took them down before her first competition, according to B, the curls were "beautimous."  The only thing I did to loosen the curls was run my fingers through it and had her give her head a little shake. 

Now being in this Texas humidity, the curls didn't last long but we agreed that we will definitely do it again! I also want to try it on her hair when it is not flat-ironed. We will keep you posted!
 
 

No comments:

Print