Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Yogurt Marinated Chicken


Skinless chicken thighs are so full of awesome flavor with this easy marinade.  I keep saying, marinades are your friend for weeknight meals! I even think the marinade would be fantastic run through a blender and used a salad dressing. It is that tasty.


The same reason I love cooking with chicken thighs is the same reason I hate cooking with them, all that fat...but it cooks down and adds greatness to whatever you are cooking.  I remove the skin and trim most of the fat off to make my waist line feel better.


I like char on my roasted chicken so I placed the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes. Oh, notice there is no salt in this recipe and you really don't miss it. 

Yogurt Marinated Chicken
adapted from: http://www.livinglou.com/2010/07/lous-authentic-chicken-thighs.html

What you need:

  • 4-6 skinless chicken thighs
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup plain yogurt
  • Juice and zest from one small lemon
  • 1 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
  • 1/2 tsp honey
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • Half green onion, diced
  • 1/4 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
  • Freshly cracked pepper to taste


What to do:

  • Poke several holes into the thighs and set aside
  • Whisk together the remaining ingredients, check for flavor
  • Place chicken in a large freezer bag and pour marinade over the chicken
  • Marinate the poultry for at least 30 minutes (I marinate mine overnight or up to two days)
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade
  • Place in a baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes or until juices run clear
  • Be sure to let your chicken rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into it




Originally posted June 1, 2011 on my old blog

2 comments:

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

I love me some chicken thighs. I am dark meat all DAY.LONG.

Tarsha R said...

So am I except I love a fried wang!

Print