Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Forty Series #7: You Mad??



  • Black and white is my favorite color combination.
  • I'm a mild germaphobe
  • I love good books and good music.
  • I can be irritatingly indecisive
  • I second guess myself
  • I can be moody
  • Cleanliness makes me happy
  • I can hold a grudge
  • I can be kind of mean
  • I enjoy libations now and again


I will be 40 this year and I am fully aware of who I am. I've lived with myself longer than anyone else. I know me. I own every good and ugly part of who I am; some things I'm working on others not so much. I'm not perfect by any stretch but I'm VERY aware of me.

Just because you don't understand my feelings about how you made me feel doesn't make them invalid. Just because I advocate for myself and you don't like my tone and delivery or the actual words coming out of my mouth has little to do with me. Just because you would've handled a situation differently doesn't make my way wrong. Some people don't know how to deal with you when you begin standing up for yourself or having an opinion opposite of theirs.  Those same people most certainly can't deal with being called on their BS. 

I'm finding that my for real friends, love me enough to yank my collar and vice versa.  Said yanking is not some yelling and screaming tirade either. It's "you hurt my feelings, pissed me off and this is why." Girl, we are adult women with fully realized vocabularies, we can talk!  If our friendship is based on me being a yes woman to you and only expressing my feelings when they're not about you, it's good our attempt at beginning rekindling our "friendship" is ending the way it is. My spirit is at total peace.

What I know for sure about me is that: My feelings are valid whether you accept them, believe them or understand them. I will continue to be my own person with my own feelings and experiences. I will always advocate for myself because nobody knows me like I know me.



#The40Series

No comments:

Print