Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Coconut Milk Lemon Pound Cake



This post was going to be about an apology I gave someone.  I changed my mind.  After I apologized, I talked to E about it and the first thing he asked was, "Well when was the last time she called you? You're beating yourself up communicating with someone who doesn't reach out to you."

I, for real, had to think about the last time she sent a text OR called and COULD NOT remember.  And here it is four months into the new year and she has not so much as sent me a text.  The same thing she was upset with me about, not calling enough, is the same thing she has been doing to me since the inception of our friendship.  If I am the only one initiating contact what kind of friendship is that?

So instead I am going to write about a good girlfriend who stopped by a couple of weekends ago.  She is ALWAYS a blessing to me and she gives the most awesome hugs. The BEST.  She also has one of the most handsome little boys I have ever seen and he is as sweet as pie too!  I don't get to see her as often as I'd like but when we get together we never miss a beat! 

She is struggling with following her heart or remaining complacent.  Tuh! Y'all know encouraging people is one of my most favorite things to do! We talked about it and I encouraged her to FOLLOW HER HEART because it wouldn't be as hard as she thinks it would be.  She would be award winning if she did what her heart is calling her to do.

You just need to step out on faith
Leap without seeing the stairs
Trust that God will keep you
Follow your dream

Stop wasting your time and JUST DO IT!  I will cheer you on from the sidelines!

During our visit she mentioned how she hadn't been able to find a good pound cake recipe.  Well here's one of my favorites! I hope you enjoy them! Love you lots "RD."

Coconut Milk Lemon Pound Cake

What you need:

  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup grated lemon zest (10-12 large lemons)
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk (NOT cream of coconut)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


What to do:

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch) loaf pans 
  • Cream the butter and 2 cups granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs, 1 at a time. A the lemon zest.
  • In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. 
  • In another bowl, combine the lemon juice, the coconut milk and vanilla. Add the flour and milk mixtures alternately to the batter, beginning and ending with the flour. Divide the batter evenly between the pans, smooth the tops, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.


2 comments:

DIVADLITE said...

Looks freaking delicious!

DIVADLITE said...

Wish I could sample...

Print