Friday, May 2, 2014

Cinco de Drinko! - Pineapple Jalapeno Margatini

Anybody that's spent any amount of time with me knows I love a good cocktail.  I mean I will pick a restaurant based solely on how the bartender pours. #WordLife

I am always looking for a good cocktail to make at home as well, cause for $10 a drink I can just buy the bottle! LOL So when I came across this marvelous drink recipe I could not resist. I already had every single thing in my liquor closet pantry!

Let me tell you, that jalapeno hits you right in the back of your throat...the sweet, the spicy the fruity all work well in this cocktail that will definitely be a repeat! I could absolutely see me using the jalapeno simple syrup in other drinks. Also, I may or may not have used more than 2 ounces of tequila...

Pineapple Jalapeno Margatini
http://www.tasty-trials.com/2012/04/crazy-days-and-pineapple-jalapeno.html
Makes 1 serving

What you need:
  • 1 oz jalapeno-cilantro simple syrup (recipe follows)
  • 2 oz pineapple juice
  • 1.5-2 oz tequila blanco
  • 1/2 oz triple sec
  • Squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice
What to do:
  • Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
  • Shake well
  • Strain into a pretty cocktail glass. Enjoy!

Jalapeno-Cilantro Simple Syrup
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 jalapeno, sliced
  • 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
  • Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over high heat.
  • Let boil for a few minutes until sugar is dissolved and mixture is clear and slightly thickened. Strain and let cool.

Originally posted 5/9/2012

4 comments:

Nerd Girl said...

Sounds nice! I had a similar non alcoholic drink once, so I'm sure the addition of a little likka only adds to the enjoyment.

Tarsha! said...

Yay likka!

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

Mmmm!! I heard of this cocktail and it sounds delish! I must try..

chele said...

Dang, that looks delicious.

Print