Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sweet. Sticky. Spicy.



These fried chicken strips were seriously delicious.  It was all in the sauce.  

However, I seriously don't know what to call the sauce. Maybe I will think of something by the time I make it to the end...

So we had this for dinner last night the sauce tasted like the sauce from General Tso chicken but it was so simple I can't even call it that! It seriously has four ingredients. FOUR! Brown sugar, hot sauce, pepper flakes, water.

Chicken Sauce? It would be good on beef strips, in a stir fry.

Multi-purpose Sauce? Brown Sugar Chicken Sauce?

I'm trying y'all! LOL  How bout I just tell you how to make the sauce and you can call it what you like and put it on what you like? 


Spicy Brown Sugar Sauce!

What you need:
  • 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
  • 6 Tbs of your favorite hot sauce
  • 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
  • 3 Tbs water

What to do:
  • Place all of the ingredients in a heavy bottom sauce pan
  • Bring to a boil until sugar melts
  • That's it!

1 comment:

Arr said...

I would absolutely try this.

Print