Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Family Business




I’ve always wanted to own a family business. A business that played to the strengths of the family members I would invite into the business. A legacy business mind you. One where long after I retired our children or other family members would want to continue on. I have the mind to create generational wealth for my children and their children.

My baby sister is very creative (her design eye is killer) and budget mindful. I mean she is the Thrift Store Queen! She’s also a good listener and a great team player. I have a cousin who I learned is a great organizer and general task keeper and team player. She is also funny and enjoyable to be around. My oldest daughter is a great manager of me and organizer. I've told her on many occasions that if money were no object I would hire her at top dollar as my assistant. She’s that good. I cook. I plan menus. I bake. I can work a budget down to the last nub to give a client what they want.

The awesomeness that the four of us could create would be mind blowing.

We've talked about it in jest before but logistically it wouldn't work; Sis lives in OH ND…and is married with three great kids of which two are under 3 years old; cousin is busy with professional educational pursuits and is married has two wonderful boys. My daughter is completing her education and is doing the preliminary research to open her own “learning center”….The Bruce School. I love it!

Though my sister and I will be working jointly on an event soon and my cousin is always ready to help me out, I know I can begin building this business on my own and I would have their full support. We are good like that.

I hope you are doing something today to further your dreams and goals.

No comments:

Print