Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fresh Fried Eggplant



Good country folk bring you fresh vegetables from their garden! 

One of my co-workers is a true Southerner, he raises chickens for eggs, grows many of his own vegetables, hunts and fish as often as he can and he's a gentleman to boot!
As much fried eggplant as I've eaten in my lifetime I had never actually fried any! So I knew EXACTLY what I was going to do with these babies! I seriously made this in less than 20 minutes!


Fresh Fried Eggplant

What you need:
  • One eggplant sliced
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp water
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 Tbs panko bread crumbs
  • 2 Tbs regular bread crumbs
  • 2 - 3 Tbs of your favorite seasoned salt or Creole seasoning
  • 1/4 cup oil for frying. You want enough oil to lightly fry the eggplant slices

What to do:
  • In a shallow bowl mix the egg and water
  • In another shallow bowl mix the remaining ingredients, except the oil
  • First coat the eggplant with the egg mixture, then coat with the flour/breadcrumb mixture
  • Fry the eggplant slices in the preheated oil over medium heat until golden on both sides
  • Drain on a paper towel and enjoy!

2 comments:

henning love said...

yum! i wasn't a fan of eggplant when i was a kid i'm not sure how many were but i like eggplant now. and this recipe sounds great

Reggie said...

Tarsha this looks absolutely delicious.

Print