Friday, October 4, 2013

The 40 Series #5: I LOVE My Family




I come from a pretty big family.  Growing up in our small Mississippi town was everything.  I loved that during most of my childhood I could walk to ALL of my grand and great grandmothers houses on any given day.  I am truly blessed that I had and have the opportunity to know my great-great grandmother AND my great-grandmother.  My maternal and paternal grandmothers are full of so much awesome.  The family picnics and holiday dinners; barbecues and late nights telling family history and just having a good ole time together!  They are everything.  

I would also be remiss to mention that all family is not blood.  My best friends are like sisters to me and I am thankful for their presence in my life.

What I know for sure about me is that despite everything, family is very important to me.

#The40Series

Print