Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Controlled Emotions

So I am driving into work one day and on two separate occasions someone almost hit me because they were either talking on the phone or just in the wrong! Instead of simply waving to say, “Whoops my bad” they had the utter gall to look at me like I was in the wrong! Me, who always signals, me, who drives safely 99.99% of the time. One of those jokers got the finger! Now I am not proud of my behavior but it felt really good while I was in the process.

As my anger subsided I began thinking, “Oh my goodness, it only took some fool becoming indignant with me before I began clowning. What if that situation had escalated?” Then I thought, “I would have run that fool over with my ride!” LOL Seriously, I need road rage calm down tactics. Anyone?

All jokes aside, life is so much bigger than a car ride or dealing with any other situation that may have someone else controlling your emotions (toxic people, jealousy, liars, etc.) We cannot change people; we can only work on the betterment of ourselves. That could be something as simple as speaking to that heffa unkind woman at work that’s always giving you the cross eye, or refusing to participate in workplace gossip...no matter how salacious! Little things do make a difference in improving ourselves.

Society has become so obsessed with itself that people are rude and inconsiderate and have this horrible sense of entitlement that drives me nuts!! I can’t change society but I can control me and my actions. So for today, I promise to work towards controlling my emotions and how I react to other people’s negativity and rudeness. When given the opportunity to rationally and calmly discuss a deemed wrong I will do so with a spirit of understanding and forgiveness...otherwise, Imma need bail money!

Y’all have a great day!

Photobucket


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I want to thank you for stopping by and sharing with me. I appreciate.

Now about those emotions. We all have issues, shortcomings, lessons to be learned. Try to think twice before you let "them" control your actions and reactions.

BTW: I'll $et a$ide $ome bail monie$.

Adrienne said...

We cannot change people; we can only work on the betterment of ourselves.<----TRUTH!

Beautifully Complex said...

I needed to read this today. I can be a grudge holder when people hurt me & I know its not good. I have to take my power back. Thanks for sharing.

Print