Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Creamy Bolognese over Pappardelle



So I'm trying this new, free (for now) photo editing software...see how fancy I keep it for ya'll! It has all kinds of fun tools.  One day I will read the instructions for the camera I received for Christmas.  Until then it will be all trial and error around these parts! There is just so much to learn about photography it's alot a bit intimidating. Besides, I have so much on my plate right now I wouldn't be able to give it the full attention that I would like.



My plate was also filled with this delicious comfort food! This was so good.  Pappardelle is my favorite pasta...it can do no wrong! This slow simmering sauce was the perfect companion to this hearty pasta. I mean, make this when you have several hours to be in the house...the longer it simmers the better the flavors meld together...making it a day ahead is even better! Oh the goodness!

Creamy Bolognese over Pappardelle
http://www.fureyandthefeast.com/2009/11/low-and-slow-meat-sauce/

What you need:

  • 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 cup onion, minced
  • 1/4 cup carrot, minced
  • 1/4 cup celery, minced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1/2 cup red wine
  • 1 3/4 cup (about 14 ounces) crushed Italian tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
What to do:
  • In a 3-quart pot over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Remove from pot and drain. Set aside.
  • Add olive oil, onion, carrot, celery and garlic to pot and sweat for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until tomato paste darkens in color.
  • Add red wine to pot and use wooden spoon to scrape any bits of food that may be stuck to the bottom of the pot. Let wine reduce in half, about 3 to 4 minutes.
  • Add tomatoes, water, brown sugar, oregano, basil and ground beef. Bring sauce to boil, then reduce heat to low cover with pot lid slightly ajar so steam can escape. Simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Taste sauce and adjust seasonings to preference. Add heavy cream and butter to finish, and serve with your favorite pasta noodles


CLEARLY, I need move photography further up my long list of to do...most especially photo editing! LOL
Photobucket

No comments:

Print