Thursday, July 12, 2012

Some Easy


There is this gospel song that I love to listen to when I am going through negative situations I see no end to. The song goes “Hallelujah, any how, any how. Just keep on praising Him. Anyhow. Anyhow. Hallelujah.” The song is so old that have to listen to it on cassette! The name of the singer escapes me now but I love it! I listen to that song when I am begging God for some easy or crying out to Him when I don’t understand His plan for me.

Being thankful has always been difficult for me. I always feel like I should be more advanced in my life, more things, more money, blah blah blah. I feel like I have had enough difficulty throughout my life that I deserve some easy! Apparently, God does not see it that way!

Old folks will always say things like, "if God can see you to it he will see you through it." Well that rings of utter BS when I am going through particularly hard times, whether it is financial, relationships or just life’s curve balls. There was a time that I could 'whoa as me' with the best of them. Well I can now attest to the power of that phrase. As I have gotten older I have learned to be thankful in spite of what is going on in my life. Usually the end result is always that I am stronger, wiser and/or more resilient. On the other side of most situations I can see the why. Some not so much and I am OK with that. In His infinite-His-way-is-not-my-way wisdom, I am learning to let God be the lead. The back seat is kind of comfortable when He is in control.

So the next time you are thinking, “Why me Lord/God/Creator” say “Hallelujah anyhow.” Know that God’s plan for you is THE plan for you and that there is a lesson in you not having some easy.



Photobucket



2 comments:

Adrienne said...

BEAUTIFUL!
And yea that song is OLD lol but it's a good one.

Ninah said...

LOL, I got that song from itunes!!! Wonderful piece though ; )

Print