Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Dinner Menu

As much as I love a good dinner party (or any good party), I am not hosting Easter dinner this year.  E and I have a list of projects we want to complete over the three day weekend and cooking for our extended family would be near impossible.
 
But, we still gotta eat right? What better way to cap off two point five days of home improvement activities than having a nice Easter dinner. I am keeping it small...well small enough that E and B can eat leftovers for a few couple of days. Also, I like to make enough just in case folks drop by.
 
Brown Sugar Baked Ham
(pre-cooked and sliced from my
favorite grocery store)
 
Beef Roast
(I don't care much for ham so
I am preparing this in the slow cooker)
 
Turnip and Collard Mixed Greens
w/ Smoked Turkey
(LBeezy's recipe)
 
Bleu Cheese and Caramelized
Onion Potatoes Au Gratin
(I have this pinned on my Recipes to Try board. 
My cast iron skillet is dying to have these
potatoes in it!  Recipe can be found here)
Photo Credit
Homemade Cornbread
Homemade Croissants
 (I'm trying to sike myself into making these homemade.
Don't these make your mouth water!! Recipe can be found here.)

Credit
Pecan Pie
(Because E loves pecan pie)
 
Lemon Coconut Cake
(I try to add a new dessert to my menu every year for Easter.
Recipe can be found hereLast year I made a Vanilla Cake w/Strawberry Cream Frosting and it was DIVINE! The vanilla cake recipe can be found here)
 
Photo Credit: JoyofBaking.com
 
 
What's on your menu?
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Paige (The Last Doughnut) said...

Looks like your house is the place to be on Easter Sunday!

Print