Monday, March 25, 2013

Honey Wheat Croutons

 
There is this new bread bakery that opened near my home that grinds their own whole wheat right in the bakery every single day! My favorite bread so far is the popular honey wheat. Let me tell you what all's in their honey wheat bread: whole wheat flour, yeast, salt and honey. #TrueStory.
 
 
 
The bread is really delicious. I love that I can pronounce every ingredient on the list! Check out Great Harvest Bread Company's website here to see if there is a location near you.
 
 
Once I tasted this bread I couldn't wait to make some croutons. Croutons made from really good bread beats store bought every day of the week! The Greedies in my house were most definitely popping these like they were snacks and not salad/soup toppings...smh.


Honey Wheat Croutons

What you need:
  • 2 cups really good bread, cut into bite-sized cubes
  • 2 Tbs really good olive oil
  • Salt to taste
  • Granulated garlic to taste

What to do:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • In a medium bowl add the bread cubes; pour olive oil over the bread cubes
  • Sprinkle with salt and granulated garlic and toss until bread cubes are well coated
  • Place bread cubes on a small cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
  • Croutons will harden a little more as they cool
  • Cool completely before storing in an airtight container
  
   
 
 

No comments:

Print