Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Easy Meatball (or Ground Beef) Stroganoff


So in an effort to eat up as much random foods in my pantry as possible before the big redo, I've been cooking up a storm. I have been pleasantly surprised with the items I've forgotten in my pantry.  Egg noodles are a perfect example. I don't care for them much but B enjoys a bowl of chicken noodle soup on occasion.  I prefer the hearty Papperdelle noodle.  There was only about four ounces of egg noodles in the package so I mixed it with some leftover Pappardelle, that I broke up in my hand and viola...creamy, delicious dinner in 30.  It helped that I had meatballs from a previous meal already defrosted!



Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
What you need:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 8-12 ounces  Pappardelle, broken up or other wide noodle
  • 1 1/2 cups milk, I used 2%
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 cups beef stock
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • 2/3 cup sour cream
 
What to do:
  • Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef
  • Discard all but 1 tablespoon of fat
  • Add the noodles, milk, heavy cream, beef stock, cornstarch, salt, pepper, paprika, granulated garlic and thyme.
  • Stir to combine and cover. Lower the heat to medium and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked through
  • Add the sour cream and simmer for 5 more minutes.
  • Serve immediately
 
 
 

No comments:

Print