Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Alon's Lemon-Lime Pound Cake




So, if you’ve been reading me for any amount of time you know that baking is really not my thing. I mean I have some things that I can successfully bang out but a pastry chef I will never be! I’m good on that...lol.

One of my sister's friends, is honing her housewifery skills by cooking more meals at home. My sister and her friend kept bragging about how great this cake was and how I needed to make it. So I did and hated I waited so long to prepare it.  This cake is junk in your trunk delicious! It is moist and flavorful; yet light and airy.  It would be great with a cup of coffee, glass of milk or spot of tea!


Alon's Lemon-Lime Pound Cake

What you need:
  • 3 cups Sugar
  • 2 sticks room temperature butter
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 5 large eggs
  • 3 cups cake flour
  • 8 ounces of regular lemon lime soda
  • 1 tsp lemon extract
  • 1 tsp coconut extract


What to do:
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  • In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, butter and oil
  • Add eggs one at a time mixing thoroughly after each addition
  • Add cake flour and lemon lime soda to cream mixture. Mix until just combined
  • Add the lemon and coconut extracts to the batter and mix for about a minute
  • Pour cake batter into a prepared Bundt cake pan or two prepared loaf pans
  • Bake cake for 1½ hours at 325 degrees or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.


Originally posted February 1, 2011 on my old site. Updated with new pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Mrs. isn't much of a baker either but Seven Up
Cake is the lick. There's a lady who sells them at Easter. Sweet and dense. DWin

back to P.H.A.T. said...

Looks good! I wish I had a slice right now!

Tarsha R said...

L Beezy? Don't be surprised if you get a package!

PHAT - that cake is fantastic!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

DWin - thanks for stopping by!! That cake was soooooo good! I'm going to have to reserve it for Thanksgiving...seriously.

Anonymous said...

Longtime Lurker.....Had to come back and comment after baking the cake this past weekend. Two of my sisters-n-law came for a visit over the labor day holiday. I wanted to make a no fuss dessert to go along with the burgers and hot dogs we were grilling. I remembered your recipe. The cake was a BIG HIT with my family.

Thanks for posting!

~LisaBinAR

Tarsha @ SouthernGirl. CitySwirl said...

LisaB

Thank you so much for the kind words and trying the cake recipe! So happy everyone enjoyed it!!

Print