Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What's For Dinner?


I started posting our weekly menu on the fridge so the family would always know what to expect come dinner time.  It also aids in giving me an idea of what to actually cook!  I freeze everything so once I have decided on a menu I place all of the meat that I will be using on a tray at the top of the fridge to defrost.  If there is some prep involved I tend to do that over the weekend like cutting up chicken, making pizza dough or even cooking rice. 

Here's what our menu looks like this week:


Kung Pao Chicken – Tender chicken tossed in a delicious vinegar brown sugar sauce, honey roasted peanuts and green onions; served over stir fried rice and fried okra

Ginger and Orange Sticky Wings – Spicy roasted wings tossed in a ginger and orange peel marmalade sauce; served with House Potatoes and a fresh green salad and a homemade Asian style dressing

Barbeque Ranch Chicken Salad – Grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, fresh roasted corn and black beans over fresh greens, served with a semi-homemade BBQ ranch dressing and topped with crispy onion strings

Homemade Cheeseburger Pizza – Sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, tomatoes, romaine and seasoned ground beef piled on a homemade pizza crust and served with a fresh green salad and homemade creamy Italian dressing

This week's ice cream will be: Peanut Butter Cup! Rich peanut butter ice cream with chunks of honey roasted peanuts and semi-sweet chocolate



 Yes. Yes, I do put the meal descriptions on the menu.  I'm a tad bit extra! LOL

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Print