Monday, April 8, 2013

The Naked Tree

Before
 
 
My continued efforts to renovate, spring clean, re-decorate and organize are not limited to the inside of our home.  First, I love this tree so much, it was big and leafy and full and beautiful!  However, it was hindering grass and plant growth, overhung the sidewalk and most importantly was a hazard to my house and my neighbor's house.  If there was ever a strong enough storm, branches from that tree would have taken most of me and my neighbor's house out!  So we, reluctantly, had to get her nipped and tucked.
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Boo Thang may have poured out a little liquor for those fallen tree limbs! This country boy was
NOT pleased with having to trim this tree...neither was his daughter.
A couple of our neighbors came out to console E...kidding! LOLOL


We still haven't gotten used to the tree being slimmed and trimmed. However, we are glad it is less of a hazard now.  I applied weed and feed to the grass placing extra care to the patches that normally wouldn't grow.  I also began looking for ideas of what plants/shrubs I want to place under the tree now that things might actually grow there now!
 
 

1 comment:

Ninah said...

It looks sooo nice! Like, you can actually see the front of your house, lol

Print