Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood....

 
 Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt
 
 
Going to my maternal grandmother's house. I used to LOVE her home.  To me it was fancy because it was so modern compared to the four room house we lived in at the time.  I mean it had TWO bathrooms! LOL
 
Visiting Mudear meant I could play piggy and kickball with my friends. It meant riding a for real ten speed bike all over the neighborhood with those same friends.  It meant stopping by the candy lady's house for freeze cups that only cost 25 cents.  It meant not having to come in the house when the street lights came on as long as I stayed in front of the house.  It meant being outside so long and being so fOnky and being so bitten the hell up by mosquitoes that we had to take bathes with a cap full of bleach.  It meant staying up all night to watch secular music videos because Mudear had this magical thing called cable!  It meant seeing the boy who lived across the street who I secretly had a crush on but who was a bit older than me. He would always walk by me and sing an old Hall and Oates song, One on One! HA...we were so UN-grown! LOLOL
 
Going to my grandmother's also meant I would be able to bake something in her kitchen!  She always always always had something for me to bake or even a new technique to teach me.  She was so patient with me and I tried to soak up every thing she taught me.
 
I have so many fond memories of being at my grandmother's house, it was home, it was safe, it was fun, it was love!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Print